Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Berkut
Ceslum
6 posters

Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man

Ceslum
    Ceslum
    Admin
    Admin

Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man Empty Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man

Post by Ceslum Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:59 pm

This is Abstract Jack. Because It was gonna be an abstract work, then I threw Jack Skellington into it. It's also my entry into one of the sig battles.
    Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man 1312432105AbstractJack

The Invisible Man was the movie this render was from. I was going for an apocalyptic feel and kind warish and grungy.
    Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man The_invisible_man_by_banekai-d457lf8
    Berkut
    Berkut

Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man Empty Re: Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man

Post by Berkut Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Although i can barely read "Mike" in the second one, both are good.
    Ceslum
    Ceslum
    Admin
    Admin

Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man Empty Re: Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man

Post by Ceslum Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Thank you ^_^
    Text is intentionally well blended because I've been told on dA that the text in many of my tags is intrusive and overly obvious.
    Ronin
    Ronin
    Advanced Poster
    Advanced Poster

Post by Ronin Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:22 pm

The render in the 2nd one is faded. It would be nice if it had color and wasn't hidden behind your brushing.
    Ceslum
    Ceslum
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ceslum Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:35 pm

fading is from GIMP's resizing blur. I really need to try ps. . .
    Blue.
    Blue.
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Post by Blue. Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:01 pm

May i ask why do you resize?

Why not make in the size you end up with, thats what i do.

Or am i reading it all wrong?
    Ceslum
    Ceslum
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ceslum Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:31 pm

I have to resize the render because it takes up way too much space.
    Madara Uchiha
    Madara Uchiha

Post by Madara Uchiha Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:37 pm

It's quiet simple in photoshop Ctrl T an hold shift while dragging one of the corners to keep the quality + ratio.
    Ceslum
    Ceslum
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ceslum Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:41 pm

In GIMP, you can do that with ratio, but quality gets screwed.
    Madara Uchiha
    Madara Uchiha

Post by Madara Uchiha Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:45 pm

Well here's an example for my Gaara signature I used this render: http://planetrenders.net/renders/albums/userpics/42775/Gaara%20kazekage.png

It's quiet large compared to my signature and I've kept quiet decent quality (they aren't exactly the same as I did some slight edits to the render)

Also for the text you kind of want to find a middle ground between blended to where it doesn't take away from the main focal point but also not so blended that it's difficult to find as then there's not really a point in having it as a lot of people aren't even going to look for the text, also placement is key you want good placement so that it also doesn't subtract from your main focal points. (I'm still not the greatest at text placement/blending either I've just recently started to get the hang of it)

I love the first one in my opinion it's the better of the two and also The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorite movies Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man 650269930
    Ceslum
    Ceslum
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ceslum Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Thanks for the cc mate, and the new render Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man 1071211947

Nightmare before Christmas is one of my favorites too.
    Madara Uchiha
    Madara Uchiha

Post by Madara Uchiha Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:01 am

No problem Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man 650269930 I'm not the best at graphics but I'll help where I think I can Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man 1071211947 Also you going to try a Gaara siggy/picture too? Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man 364988687 would love to see your take on it Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man 1071211947

Also even though I don't think it's needed I like the flow and depth of the abstract one too Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man 1071211947 it's a pretty sexy signature if I may say one thing I would suggest is cuttin down on the width just a tad cause the left side may come across to some people as plain ;P but it still looks good overall Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man 1071211947
    Ronin
    Ronin
    Advanced Poster
    Advanced Poster

Post by Ronin Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:58 am

Check your PM's Mike.
    Ceslum
    Ceslum
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ceslum Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Kay, thanks Ronin.

@ Madara, yes, I'm working on a gaara tag now. And I think I see what you mean on the Abstract one. I was going to make the text larger, but I decided to cut it down a bit when it got blocky and distorted.
    Gogeta
    Gogeta
    ________
    ________

Post by Gogeta Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:20 pm

Mike wrote:This is Abstract Jack. Because It was gonna be an abstract work, then I threw Jack Skellington into it. It's also my entry into one of the sig battles.
    Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man 1312432105AbstractJack

The Invisible Man was the movie this render was from. I was going for an apocalyptic feel and kind warish and grungy.
    Abstract Jack and the Invisible Man The_invisible_man_by_banekai-d457lf8

I already gave the first one a C&C so i am going to C&C the second one

1. The text. Dude, you have got to work your typography. Download fonts from dafont.com
    Make a gradient overlay. Or give it a 3D look, by duplicating the text layer, placing the duplicated layer below the original text layer, going to Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation and putting the lightness to either completely black or white, and then moving the layer a pixel 2 left and/or down or w/e
    2. I like that you used clipping masks and all but don't brush too much on the render itself (i rarely ever do, except if it's an avatar), as it will simply ruin it. You want to show the render, not hide it by overflowing it with splatter brushes (or any brushes for that matter).
    3. The worst thing you did, is put both the render and the background at the same level of color. Monotone looks often boring, but you could have darkened/blurred the background and lightened/sharpened the render. Instead of monochromatic colors (same hue different lights of the color), you should use Complementary colors (2 colors from the opposite side of the color wheel. Example : Green and Red, Blue and Yellow)
    Check this http://planetrenders.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=265427&hl=Flow&st=0 guide to understand better
    It has a lot of stuff explained

Ceslum
    Ceslum
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Ceslum Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks for all the cc man, I really feel I've learned alot today ^_^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:14 am